Some of the signs and symptoms for AML are common to many illnesses. Some changes that a person with AML may have are:
• Tiredness or no energy
• Shortness of breath during physical activity
• Pale skin
• Swollen gums
• Slow healing of cuts
• Pinhead-size red spots under the skin
• Prolonged bleeding from minor cuts
• Mild fever
• Black-and-blue marks (bruises) with no clear cause
• Aches in bones or knees, hips or shoulder.
Note: The best advice for any person troubled by any of these symptoms is to see a healthcare provider.
-per Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. For more details go to: http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/hm_lls